What is the Garanti Security Shield and the Garanti Security Shield Version 2? How can I install it? What are the potential problems and relevant solutions?
The Garanti Security Shield is an application that prevents "keylogger" and similar software from retaining your password when you login to Garanti Internet Banking. The Garanti Security Shield can only be used with Microsoft Internet Explorer that runs on the Windows operating system. In addition to installing the Garanti Security Shield, you have to make sure that the computer you are using has sufficient security precautions (up-to-date firewall, virus scanning software etc).
The Internet Banking security previously provided by the Garanti Security Shield has now been further enhanced with the release of the new version. The new shield provides more security against the most up-to-date “keylogger” software enabling you to safely login to Internet Banking. You must update the Garanti Security Shield that you have previously installed with the new version.
1. When the Garanti Security Shield is being installed on your computer, the following screen will be displayed:
2. You will have to confirm the installation and the running of the program on your computer by clicking the “Yes” button that comes up on the screen.
3. If you tick the box that appears in the third section on the screen above, the latest versions of the Garanti Security Shield will be automatically installed on your computer.
4. If you cannot view the password field on Garanti Internet Banking and cannot use the Garanti Security Shield, you need to change your Security Settings:
By setting your security settings to “Medium” through the Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security step.
To watch how the Security Settings are changed, click here.
For further information regarding the Security Settings, click here.
5. Upon setting your security settings, the Garanti Security Shield will automatically start installing the next time you login to Internet Banking.
I want to install the Garanti Security Shield.
For your questions regarding the installation of the Garanti Security Shield, you can call 444 0 333 Alo Garanti and receive assistance from the Internet Banking Support Line.
For help regarding the Garanti Security Shield, click here.
Verification Code is an application that enables the owner of the account to control and verify the transaction data for the EFT transactions made through Internet Banking.
First of all, you have to submit an application by logging on to Internet Banking and going to the Dashboard Settings step PIN / Password section Definition for Quick Loign with Mobile Signature.