Innovative products and services
DEVELOPMENTS AT GARANTI
Total amount of notes issued in the second quarter of 2014 under the Global Medium Term Notes (GMTN) Program, where several issuances in different currencies and maturities were realized, reached to an amount of nearly US$ 525 million equivalent, including the EUR 20 million transaction with 13 years maturity, the longest maturity by a Turkish borrower.
Under its Diversified Payment Rights (DPR) Program; Garanti secured US$ 500 million financing with a maturity of 5 years through a future flow transaction, and separately issued a US$ 550 million DPR note with a maturity of 20 years.
Rolled its EUR 1.1 billion equivalent 1 year syndicated loan with an all-in pricing benchmark of 0.90% per annum which represents a further 0.10% per annum decrease from the pricing reference for Garanti set in May 2013.
Issued USD 750 million Eurobond with a maturity of 5.5 years, yield of 4.776% and coupon rate of 4.750%. Deal’s order books exceeded US$ 5.2 billion across 370 investors including the ones who had invested in Turkish fixed income for the first time.
Continued to finance large-scale energy and infrastructure projects:
- Participated with US$ 450 million commercial loan in US$ 3.3 billion financing of Star Refinery Project, the largest project finance deal ever done in Turkey, as the sole Turkish bank along with EX-IM banks and 15 foreign investment and trade banks. The project is the largest Greenfield private sector investment with a total investment amount of US$ 5.65 billion.
- Provided US$ 134 million long-term loan to Soma 3 Wind Power Plant, 3rd extension to Soma Wind Power Plant sponsored by Polat Enerji. Once it is completed, the entire project will be the largest wind energy power plant in Turkey with a total installed capacity of 240 MW.
- Financial closing in Northern Marmara Motorway & 3rd Bosphorus Bridge Project was realized in May with Garanti’s participation of US$ 384 million in the total financing of US$ 2.3 billion.
- Provided US$ 38 million long-term loan to Dora-4 Geothermal Power Plant. Dora-1, the first private Greenfield geothermal project was established in 2006 and with the new Dora-4 investment, total capacity of Dora projects will be extended to 71 MW.
Launched its new product to finance SMEs’ small-scale solar power projects to support the transition to a low carbon economy.
Sponsored two Turkey focused, Luxembourg domiciled, UCITS funds under BBVA Durbana SICAV fund platform to accommodate international investor’s demand to Turkish assets. Garanti Asset Management will be the sub-advisor of the actively managed Turkish Equity and Turkish Fixed Income Funds. The vehicles are open-ended, offering daily liquidity with a reference currency of TL and available in US Dollar and Euro denominated share classes.
The biggest credit card network in the World, UnionPay International (UPI), preferred Garanti for strategic cooperation in Turkey. With this agreement, more than 3.8 billion cards in the UPI network in Asia (primarily in China), will be valid in Turkish markets. Turkish businesses, willing to open up to the Chinese and Asia-Pacific markets, will be able to take advantage of the privileges offered by UPI in their foreign trade payments and use UPI cards at the firms’ POS networks with ease.
- 03 February 15Garanti Bank 2014 Financial Results
- 19-22 January 15Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s 14th Annual Turkish Equity 1-1 Conference – London & New York
- 27 October 14Garanti Bank 9M14 Financial Results
Help and Advice
Who are the members of the Board of Directors?
The members of the Garanti Bank Board of Directors are Ferit Faik Şahenk (Chairman), Süleyman Sözen (Vice Chairman), Ahmet Kamil Esirtgen, PhD Ergun Özen, M. Cüneyt Sezgin, PhD, Angel Cano Fernandez, Carlos Torres Vila, Manuel Pedro Galatas Sanchez-Harguindey, Manuel Castro Aladro Find out more
What is the ownership structure of Garanti Bank?
Garanti is jointly controlled by two powerful companies, Doğuş Holding and Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA), under the principle of equal partnership Find out more
Exchanges that Garanti Bank’s shares traded and the percentage of publicly traded shares.
Garanti's shares are traded on the İstanbul Stock Exchange (ISE) under the ticker symbol "GARAN". The shares are also quoted on the London Stock Exchange Main Market. Find out more
What are the main subsidiaries of the Bank?
Garantibank International N.V, Garanti Bank S.A., Garantibank Moscow, Garanti Securities, Garanti Asset Management, Garanti Leasing, Garanti Factoring, Garanti Pension and Life, Garantİ Payment Systems, Garanti Mortgage, Garanti Technology Find out more