What are stocks? What are the features of stocks?
A stock is a negotiable instrument that represents a single share of the equally divided capital of a joint-stock company. Publicly held shares of joint-stock companies are traded on the ISE. Our bank provides brokerage services in regards to the trading of stocks on the ISE through investment centers, branches, 444 0 333 Alo Garanti and Internet Banking. Additionally, our bank also provides brokerage services in initial public offerings.
- Stocks are suitable for those who are willing to take greater risks for the prospect of higher returns.
- The transfer (clearing) of money and stocks take place two working days after a trading transaction is executed. During this 2-day period, your money will be blocked in your account. However you may use your money by investing it in repo or mutual funds.
- Physical delivery or transfer of the stocks to another brokerage house are also possible.
- For buy orders, the minimum limit is TL 500 at our branches and TL 100 on Alo Garanti and Garanti Online Banking. Additionally orders between TL 100 and TL 500 must be entered as market orders. These limits may be changed based on current conditions. No lower limit applies for sell orders.
- You can carry out your stock trading transactions between the hours of 09:30-12:00 and 14:00-17:00.
- Additionally, through Online Banking, you may place buy orders that will remain in effect for up to 40 trading sessions.
- To view the differences between ISE's rules and principles regarding the “Opening Session” effective as of 02.02.2007 and the previous implementation, and the changes that go into effect with the opening session, please click here.
Value appreciation /depreciation that occur in the fund portfolio is reflected in the value of the portfolio on a daily basis.
Garanti Bank Type B Fixed Income Bond provides a long-term and fixed income investment opportunity.