Warnings that you must take into consideration to use Internet Banking and Mobile Banking services securely
- To protect your devices on which you use Internet Banking, use security software provided by trusted software companies. These software can usually be found free. You can request your free security software through the Security Settings step on Internet Banking.
- Do not share your password or PIN with anyone. Do not use them on websites that you don't know, and ignore people who ask for this information.
- Ignore people who call you and ask for the 3-digit security code on the backside of your card, the expiration date and PIN information of your card, and do not share this information with these people.
- In the case that products or devices provided to you such as your Paracard, Credit Card or Şifrematik is lost or stolen, immediately contact Garanti Bank to request cancellation.
- Keep your mobile phone, tablet and similar mobile devices on which you use banking applications secure and with you at all times.
- In the case that your device or SIM card is stolen or lost, inform your bank immediately. Make sure to delete the banking applications on your device before transferring it to someone else.
- Pay attention to the security features and applications on your computers and mobile devices on which you use internet banking and mobile banking services such as computers, tablets and mobile phones.
- Always keep the contact information you have shared with the Bank such as your phone numbers, address and e-mail up-to-date. In the case that there are changes in this information, make sure to inform your bank.
- In the case that you don't inform your bank regarding the changes in your contact information, notifications sent to your current contact information will be valid.
- Check the accuracy of your security picture and personal information displayed after you log in with your password.
- Pay attention to notifications sent by the bank regarding security. If you don't want to receive marketing related notifications sent by the bank, you can change your communication preferences regarding this matter.
- The Bank features necessary information about the risks regarding Internet Banking and Mobile Banking on its website, and takes all security measures allowed by technology. Follow the aforesaid security measures.
- Excluding applications accepted within the scope of accessibility, performing transactions on internet banking interface with an additional software, inquiring balance, debt, bills, product and price information through automatic software is not suitable.
- The Bank may suspend Internet Banking or Mobile Banking services to a user if deemed necessary for security purposes or due to legal regulations.
- You can personalize your security, login, and notification settings through the Settings option on Internet Banking and Mobile Banking applications.
In the following links, you can find informative messages about security problems that you may encounter when using Internet Banking or internet in general.
- Garanti Bank will never ask for your full mother's maiden name.
- Public announcement of The Banks Association of Turkey regarding viruses.
- In EFT transactions performed through Internet Banking, customers will be asked to enter two required letters of their mother's maiden name.
- Press release of The Governorship Of İstanbul regarding information theft.
- Press release of the TCMB regarding e-mails that appear to have been sent from the TCMB.
- Beware fake e-mails! Garanti Bank will never ask for your personal information or password by e-mail.
- Warning about performing transactions on behalf of someone else.
- Warning about chat and messaging applications!
- Up-to-date browsers are important for your security!
- Garanti Internet Banking is switching to VeriSign® Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates!
Use Internet Banking, and get the most out of it...
Help and Advice
What do I need to do in order to begin using my Mobile Signature on the Garanti Internet Banking?
First of all, you have to submit an application by logging on to Internet Banking and going to the Dashboard Settings step PIN / Password section Definition for Quick Loign with Mobile Signature. Find out more
How Can I Define Garanti Internet Banking?
If you have a valid Garanti Bank Credit Card or Paracard, it can be defined through http://www.garanti.com.tr/en, 444 0 333 Alo Garanti or Garanti ATM. If you do not have valid mentioned products, it can also be defined via our branches. Find out more
How Can I Log in to Garanti Internet Banking?
In order to log in to internet banking safely, your Customer Number or National ID number of TC must be entered prior to *password. You can complete your login via *pin which is a disposable number to use while logging in to internet banking after you enter your password and it is sent to your mobile phone by SMS. Find out more