We know how important trust and privacy are to you. Effective security solutions with Garanti!
What we do
The security of your personal information and the financial transactions that you perform via Internet/Mobile Banking is as important for us as it is for you. To maintain your privacy at the highest level in your Internet/Mobile Banking transactions, we are continuously following the latest and the most advanced security systems and striving to offer the most effective security solutions.
The importance Garanti Bank places on “Security” has also brought along various security applications:
- The Security Picture, developed to prevent Phishing attacks.
- The “single-use PIN” generator Cep Şifrematik.
- Cep Şifrematik, capable of running Java applications, developed to be used on mobile phones,
- Mobile Signature that enables you to conveniently obtain and use the qualified electronic certificate which stands for your identity card in the electronic environment.
- Garanti Mobile Keyboard provides an alternative way to input data through keyboard.
- If you tap Garanti Mobile Keyboard and allow Full Access from your device’s Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards, you will only allow the bank to access the data you have provided for the banking transaction regarding Garanti Mobile Banking application, to gather this data and send to the bank’s system. If you do not allow Full Access, Garanti Mobile Banking application is not given permission to gather the data you have provided and send them to the bank’s system under no circumstance. The bank can not reach the information you sent to third parties through Garanti Mobile Keyboard.
You can deactivate Garanti Mobile Keyboard anytime you want. For this, please go to Keyboards under Settings, and delete Garanti Mobile Keyboard from keyboards list. If you have deleted it, tap Add New Keyboard to add it back.
What you should do
Remember, in addition to our applications, the precautions that you need to take are also important to ensure your security.
- Be cautious about the e-mails you receive, whether it appears to be from Garanti or not.
- When you want to use Internet Banking, type garanti.com.tr in the address bar of your browser.
- Keep your private information confidential, both on the internet and in real life.
- To prevent your password from being guessed, use complex passwords.
- Protect your computer and mobile phone against viruses and similar programs.
- To prevent your personal information from being stolen, only use computers that you trust.
- Make sure that your web browser is up-to-date.
Additionally, the security settings below will increase your security in your banking transactions:
- For your login transaction, you can generate a PIN with Cep Şifrematik/Şifrematik and sign your transactions with Cep Şifrematik/Şifrematik.
- You can create personalized security settings with Security Preferences.
- You can protect your computer against malicious software by downloading Webroot. Upon clicking here, you will be asked to log in to Internet Banking, and you will be directly forwarded to the step where you can download Webroot for free. By clicking the “Install Webroot” button, you can complete the installation in less than a minute.
To get up-to-date information about malicious software, please click here.
Use Internet Banking, and get the most out of it...
Help and Advice
What are the Internet Banking transaction hours and limits?
You can decrease your Internet Banking transaction limits yourself through the Definitions / Security Settings step. Find out more
What do I need to do in order to begin using my Mobile Signature on the Garanti Internet Banking?
First of all, you have to submit an application by logging on to Internet Banking and going to the Dashboard Settings step PIN / Password section Definition for Quick Loign with Mobile Signature. Find out more
What needs to be taken into consideration after making an agreement entry for bill payments via Internet Banking?
For all organizations, after making an agreement entry you need to call your branch 1 day before the payment due date to check the bill information. Find out more