Continously increase the value that adds to society and environment
Awards and Certificates
- Became the only Turkish company to enter the CDP Climate Change A list in 2015 and was awarded the CDP 2015 Climate Performance Leadership award.
- Obtained the most points among the companies included in the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index and became one of the 5 companies that were included in the upper 10% of the index and won the CDP Turkey 2015 Climate Disclosure Leadership award.
- Received “Bank of the Year Award-Turkey” in “Sustainability” category from ACQ Global Awards 2015 and became the “National Champion” at European Business Awards in the category of “Environmental & Corporate Sustainability”.
- Sustained its International Investors in People Gold standard, demonstrating its commitment in employee centric management and banking approach, its perfection standards and promise to invest in employees to achieve higher performance.
- Named as the “Silver Winner in Most Socially or Environmentally Responsible Company of the Year” in Best in Biz Awards 2015 International.
- Star Refinery and Borusan Wind Bundle projects which Garanti has participated financing, have been awarded as “Best Chemical Deal” and “Best Sustainability Deal” in Europe, Middle East and Africa, respectively, by EMEA Finance.
- Honored with the “Most Ethical Company Award” at Turkey Ethics Awards (ETİKA) by Ethical Values Center Association (EDMER) for complying with more than 70 criteria out of 80 on the issues such as corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, leadership, innovation, legal compliance.
- the "Sustainability Award for Environmental and Social Performance” for its comprehensive environmental social risk assessment system by EBRD1 in 2014.
- the “CDP Turkey 2014 Climate Disclosure Leadership” award.
- the “Best Bank in Sustainability” award by the Turkish Green Building Council at the 3rd International Green Building Summit.
- the “Best Bank in Sustainability in Turkey” award from World Finance for practices regarding sustainability and environmental performance.
- the “Global Green Award.” by Association Otherways Management & Consulting.
- ISO14001 certified EMS has reached a total of 605 centres, which covers nearly %70 of the Bank’s employees.
- Became the first bank to prepare sustainability report in accordance with the new GRI G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines to comprehensive option, with its sustainability report covering the 18-month period to the end of 2013.
- Receiving limited assurance of GHG emissions on its annual CDP report for the first time, Garanti Bank has been awarded with "CDP 2014 Turkey Climate Disclosure Leadership” by getting the highest score among the 42 companies evaluated in “Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index”.
- Qualified for the Borsa Istanbul Sustainability Index with its sustainability approach and performance based on environmental, governance and social criteria.
- Became the first bank to receive a Green Office diploma from WWF Turkey by successfully completing the WWF Green Office Programme launched at its Head Office building.
- Became the first bank to adopt Women’s Empowerment Principles, which were developed in 2010 by a collaboration between the UN Global Compact and UN Women.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) presented Garanti Bank with the "Sustainability Award for Environmental and Social Performance” for its comprehensive environmental social risk assessment system.
- Recognized for the “Best Bank in Sustainability” by the Turkish Green Building Council at the 3rd International Green Building Summit.
- Received World Finance’s “The Best Bank for Sustainability in Turkey” award for the second time.
- Awarded by Association Otherways Management & Consulting with “Global Green Award” for environmental achievements and sustainable practices.
- ISO14001 certified EMS has continued to grow and has reached a total of 260 centers, which covers nearly %70 of the Bank’s employees.
- Garanti Bank became the first Turkish bank to receive an A level application check from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) for its Sustainability Report that addresses its sustainability performance in all aspects. The report includes the details of how the bank integrated environmental/social factors and corporate management principles into business processes during the 18-month period starting January 2011.
- Received from IAIR, the first magazine that focuses on the global economy and sustainability, “Best Bank for Sustainability – Europe” award.
- Recognized as the “Best Bank for Sustainability in Turkey” by World Finance Magazine, one of the world’s prestigious finance magazine.
- Garanti Bank’s Environmental Management System (EMS) was certified with ISO 14001 following audits performed by TÜV-SÜD, a German independent audit agency. Garanti brought a total of 26 centers into its EMS. With this result, Garanti Bank has been recognized as the first bank that operates an EMS in such a large area and context in Turkey.
- Garanti Bank, submitting its greenhouse gas emissions and climate change strategy to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) since 2010, received the “2012 Turkey – Carbon Performance Leadership” award from CDP Turkey by receiving the highest score in the performance category among 32 participating companies.
- Garanti Bank became the first and only institution in Turkey to be deemed worthy of the Investors in People (IIP) certificate in the “Gold” category. IIP is the only international standard in the world to certify the quality of companies’ HR practices.
- Due to its long-term support for WWF Turkey’s nature conservation projects, Garanti Bank was recognized in 2008 for the second time with the Golden Panda award. Having received the same award in 2001, Garanti retains its status as the only Turkish company to have won a Golden Panda award.
- 13 June 16Sustainability Activities
- 01 December 15Garanti Bankası, teknoloji ve yaratıcılığı Hackathon'da Buluşturuyor
- 01 December 15Garanti Bankası Growtech Konferansı
- 02 September 15Interview with Mr. Fuat Erbil, President & CEO