What are the advantages of trading on TurkDex (The Turkish Derivatives Exchange)?
- Leveraging: Through leveraging on Turkdex, the investor can take larger positions without having to invest the full amount of a contract, (by only putting up the specified initial margin. By putting up approximately one-tenth of a contract's value as the initial margin, gains of the relevant investment instrument may be secured (or losses may be incurred).
- Short Sales: The Derivatives Exchange provide the investors with the opportunity to engage in short sales.
- Tax Advantages: Gains secured through contracts that are traded on the Derivatives Exchange are subject to 0% stoppage tax. As of March 1, 2007, this implementation has been extended until December 31, 2008.
- Portfolio Diversification: The contracts available through TurkDex provide portfolio managers with the opportunity to diversify their portfolios and to spread out the risk with alternative investment instruments.
- Hedging: Futures and options contracts provide protection against interest rate, exchange rate, and price movement risks for producers, importers, exporters, investors and for the entire real sector.
- Accretion of margins: The margin amounts put up as TL by investors to purchase TurDex contracts qualify for accretion by Takasbank.
You may place your buy orders between the hours of 09:00 and 18:00 on the announced demand collection days, and until 12:00 on the last day.
While orders for only 1 or 2 sessions can be placed in the buy/sell step, you can place orders for a minimum of 3 sessions in the morning session, and a minimum of 2 sessions in the afternoon session, with a maximum of up to 40 sessions.