The fact that our country lies on a seismic belt and the earthquake disasters we have experienced in the recent past cannot be overlooked. Therefore, the Compulsory Earthquake Insurance that immediately covers your financial losses in case of an earthquake disaster has been introduced. You can easily get the Compulsory Earthquake Insurance which secures your house regardless of the state's budget and resources through Garanti.
- Features and Benefits
With the Compulsory Earthquake Insurance, physical damages to insured buildings (including damages to foundations, main walls, joint walls that separate independent sections, ceilings and floors, staircases, stair-heads, corridors, roofs and chimneys) directly caused by
- an earthquake,
- a fire due to an earthquake
- an explosion due to an earthquake
- a landslide due to an earthquake,
- are covered by DASK within the limits of the insurance coverage.
Buildings included in the coverage
The Compulsory Earthquake Insurance is an insurance developed for residential properties located within the borders of a municipality. The buildings included in the coverage in accordance with the legislative decree regarding the Compulsory Earthquake Insurance No: 587, are as follows;
- Residential buildings built on privately owned land and registered at the Land Registry Directorate
- Independent sections within the scope of the Property Ownership Law No: 634
- Independent sections located in these buildings and used as commercial space, office and the like.
- Residences built by the government or built with the loans provided by the government due to natural disasters.
The Compulsory Earthquake Insurance is also legally required for buildings with easement title deeds, buildings that haven't been assigned a type and appear as “land etc.” in the land register, and co-op houses to which a title deed hasn't been assigned.
Insurance for residences without an independent title deed can be issued based on the statement of the person who is purchasing the policy and the information that appears on the title deed of the land.
* The Compulsory Earthquake Insurance is offered by Eureko Sigorta A.Ş.
Product Down Payment Installment Total Household Goods Insurance (Delux) *** 35,33 TL 33,46 TL 269,55 TL DASK (Single Payment) 131,25 TL - 131,25 TL
Last Update : 26/10/2016 12:08
* The average price including DASK for a 100 m2 apartment in İstanbul Şişli with TL 80.000 building coverage and TL 15.000 household goods coverage. The earthquake coverage is valid for the limit above the Mandatory Earthquake Insurance coverage limits and is calculated as TL 25.000 for this pricing.
** The average price for TL 15.000 household goods coverage in İstanbul Şişli.
*** These insurance products are valid for reinforced concrete buildings only.
****DASK premium is the value that is calculated for building which is built before 2007 and has features, declared above.