Ensure your security with 6 Golden Rules that we recommend.
Your security on the internet is just as important for us as it is for you. In addition to our applications, the precautions that you need to take also provide additional security for your banking transactions.
Be cautious about e-mails
Garanti Bank never requests your personal information or your password by e-mail. If the e-mail you have received is forwarding you to a website for you to enter your personal information and password, you should immediately call 444 0 333 Alo Garanti, and report the incident to Internet Banking Support Line.
- Some viruses may spread via e-mails. You should delete e-mails that are from unknown senders without reading them.
Type garanti.com.tr in your browser
Every time you want to use Internet Banking, you should type garanti.com.tr in the address bar of your browser, and click the Internet Banking link on that page. This is an effective precaution against phishing attacks.
- The websites that you can use securely are listed below.
Keep your private information confidential
You should be cautious of people who ask for information such as your date of birth and identity number. Such information is only requested when you call 444 0 333 Alo Garanti to perform PIN transactions.
- Garanti Bank will never ask for your full mother's maiden name. If you are asked for your full mother's maiden name, report it to 444 0 333 Alo Garanti, Internet Banking Support Line.
- You should be cautious about sharing your private information on messaging services, in chat rooms or in e-mails, even if they are sent from people you know well.
Use complex passwords
You should avoid using passwords that can be easily guessed such as your date of birth and nick name. Most people think that if they use complex passwords they would not be able to remember them. To prevent this from happening, you can add numbers to a word that you can easily remember.
- For maximum security, you can use the “single-use PIN” generator Şifrematik.
Protect your computer
- Regularly using the programs listed on the useful links page will protect your computer against viruses and similar malicious programs.
Use computers that your trust
You should never perform transactions on publicly accessible computers such as those in internet cafes or computers that lack up-to-date anti-virus programs.
Check the name of the website
- You should check to make sure that there is a (), icon on Internet Explorer and () icon on Netscape at the bottom right corner of PIN and transaction pages. This icon verifies that the page is SSL encrypted and that the website belongs to Garanti Bank. By double-clicking on the icon, you should check that the following information is displayed:
"Issued to: sube.garanti.com.tr" and "Issued by: www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by Ref.LIABILITY LTD.(c) 97 VeriSign".
Use Internet Banking, and get the most out of it...
Help and Advice
What do I need to do in order to begin using my Mobile Signature on the Garanti Internet Banking?
First of all, you have to submit an application by logging on to Internet Banking and going to the Dashboard Settings step PIN / Password section Definition for Quick Loign with Mobile Signature. Find out more
What is verification via SMS? How do I use it?
Verification via SMS is the method of getting your verification via SMS for the money transfers, information updates, and payments that are made through Internet Banking. Find out more
Why do I get a message that says "Your accounts are closed for use in Online/Mobile Banking".
The reason you get this message in Internet Banking or Mobile Banking is that you have entered your PIN incorrectly for multiple times. Find out more
Can I access Garanti Internet Banking with all internet browsers?
For technical issues regarding Internet Banking, click here. Find out more