Want to join the Garanti Family?
“After my graduation, I am planning to work in a audit related job. Which position in the bank can I apply for?
“I am interested in the Assistant Auditor Recruitment programs of the banks. What are the career opportunities offered in this area?"
If you want to work in a banking and audit related job and start your career by learning about the basic fundamentals of banking in the best way possible, you can apply to our Assistant Auditor recruitment program.
How to Apply
To enroll in our bank's “Assistant Auditor” recruitment program, held once a year, all you have to do is to create a CV on Garanti Career and apply online to our posting, published every March.
- Analytical thinking capability,
- Attention to details,
- Openness to learning and improvement,
- Proficiency in communication,
- Aptitude for teamwork,
- Easy adaptation to different conditions,
- Being a Turkish Citizen,
- Under the age of 27,
- For male applicants, completion of military service or 1-year deferment,
- Availability for domestic and international travel,
- Suitable health condition to work anywhere in Turkey and abroad,
- 4-year university graduate or student (to graduate in July 2011) from Law, Political Sciences, Economics, Business Administration, Faculties of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Statistics departments of Faculties of Arts and Sciences, Banking and Insurance departments, Industrial Engineering and Management Engineering departments or (regardless of the undergraduate degree) Post-graduate degree in Economics, Business Administration/Finance or equivalent programs and schools in Turkey and abroad, which are approved by the authorities,
- High proficiency in English,
- The candidates whose TOEFL score is equal or above 75 and valid until July 2011 do not need to take the English language examination. These candidates must fill out the related TOEFL field in the application form.
- Those without valid TOEFL certificate must take the English language examination.
- Not having attended to our bank's previous Assistant Auditor / Management Trainee / Sales Trainee exams for more than once or not having been eliminated in the interview phase during the recruitment process.
The Audit Committee Directorate
The Audit Committee Directorate is entitled to independently inspect, track and report whether or not the daily operations of our bank are in compliance with the banking principles and regulations. The mission of the Audit Committee Directorate is to minimize the operational risks of our bank and its subsidiaries. The Committee conducts its activities through inspections, inquiries and examinations, utilizing a risk-focused audit approach.
The Assistant Inspector recruitment exam is held in İstanbul and Ankara and consists of 4 parts:
1. General Ability Test
The General Ability Test is a multiple choice test and comprised of the following sections:
- Quantitative aptitude test
- Verbal aptitude test
2. General Knowledge Test
The General Knowledge Test is a multiple choice test and 3 out of 5 main sections are selected and completed:
Marketing Concepts and Techniques
- Civil Law
Law of Obligations
Probability Calculations and Probability Distributions
Data Summary Methods
Correlation and Regression (Equal Distribution)
Analysis of Financial Tables
Public Budget and Turkish Budget System
3. Foreign Language Examination
An English test is delivered in the foreign language examination. The score obtained in the foreign language test, along with the score obtained in the oral test that will be conducted afterwards, will determine the level of foreign language compensation offered by our bank.
4. Written Composition
The Written Composition section is delivered in the interview phase. In this section, the applicants are asked to write a free composition in a required subject.
The applicants who successfully complete the examination process are invited to the interview comprised of at least two phases. As the last phase, the applicants will be invited to an interview, attended by Garanti's upper level manager.
Job Offer and Training
The applicants who are successful in the examination and interview processes are presented with a job offer. The applicants who accept the job offer undergo an intense 2-month training program. Upon completion of the training process after interning at units and branches, the Assistant Inspectors are appointed to their positions.
After working as an Assistant Auditor for 2 years, those who take and successfully complete the authorization test become Authorized Assistant Inspectors. After 1 year, the Authorized Assistant Auditors are included in the qualification training program in line with their performances. After the training, they take the qualification test and become Inspectors. The Assistant Inspectors have the opportunity to pursue their careers in the Audit Committee or the bank's units and branches.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation package consists of basic salary, monthly bonus payments -calculated as one third of basic salary-, variable bonus payments, meals, transportation support, foreign language compensation and other fringe benefits. Salary increases, which are determined by the overall economic conditions and the individual performance, are made twice a year. Additionally, auditors receive allowance payments. For assignments outside İstanbul, the committee members are compensated for transportation, accommodation and meal expenses, within the limits determined in line with the current conditions.
For the period spent outside İstanbul during the assignment, the employees have the right to travel back to İstanbul once every two weeks. Additionally, they are provided with private health insurance and life insurance packages.
Help and Advice
Where can I follow job opportunities?
You can access detailed information about job opportunities offered at our Headquarters and branches for experienced applicants. Find out more
What are the alternative job opportunities?
Garanti Bank offers part-time and seasonal job opportunities for university students. Find out more
What are the job opportunities for new graduates?
You can access detailed information about the requirement programs held in different periods of the year for positions that do not require experience through the links below. Find out more
Can I get information about the Talent Camp?
With the Talent Camp which we have designed exclusively for university students... Find out more