What are the advantages that repo offers? How does it differ from alternative products?
The advantages of repo:
- There is no income risk involved as the rate of return is determined beforehand.
- You can determine for how many days, weeks or months you will invest your money.
- They are exempt from income tax.
- You can save time by conducting repo transactions via Alo Garanti and Garanti Online Banking.
Differences from alternative products:
- Unlike mutual funds, the rate of return for repo is determined beforehand.
- Unlike government bonds, repo cannot be cashed in before maturity.
- When compared to deposit products, it is generally a shorter-term instrument. It doesn't have a value date.
You may place your buy orders between the hours of 09:00 and 18:00 on the announced demand collection days, and until 12:00 on the last day.
When compared to deposit products, it is possible to buy-sell T-Bills before they reach maturity, in line with the changes in the market.